Click here to see more
.. So get the one with modem allready in.
Sw hack in short:
Prepare VZAccess Manager:
- Turn ON the WWAN radio using the SmartWi software
- Run VZAccess Manager at least once (no need to activate with Verizon)
- Quit VZAccess Manager
- Edit the registry and delete the key "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Smith Micro"
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\VZAccess Manager Sony"
- Rename the "System" folder (I renamed it "~System")
- Rename the "config.ini" file (I renamed it "~config.ini")
- Rename all "mdm*.inf" files (I renamed them "~mdm*.inf")
Prepare the firmware image:
- Turn OFF the WWAN radio using the SmartWi software
- Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QUALCOMM\QDLService"
- Edit the file "Options.txt" to contain:
- Save the file "Options.txt"
- Right-click on the file "Options.txt"
- Select Properties (menu item), then Security (tab)
- Select "Everyone"
- UNCHECK the "write" checkbox under "allow" and click [OK]
Load the firmware image:
- Go into Windows services and restart the "Qualcomm Gobi Download Service"
- Turn on the WWAN radio using the SmartWi software
- Run VZAccess Manager
- Follow the wizard
- You should eventually be prompted to insert a Verizon/Vodafone SIM
Congratulations, you have just fooled VZAccess Manager into loading a firmware image supplied by Qualcomm to switch the WWAN radio from EVDO-only to unlocked HSDPA/EDGE!
Jump to tnkgrl Mobile for full instructions
Details, News and Links for Sony Vaio P
Friday, February 13, 2009